Sunday, October 2, 2011

Advertisement Analysis

This is an add for the third installment of a series called Mass Effect. The first was released in November of 2007, and since then has told the story of a solider (whom you can create as your own) named Commander Shepard. This third game is the end of the story, and this ad tries to show that it is the biggest one yet.
The purpose of this ad is to show the scale of the game. It shows that the earth is under attack and more is coming. The man infront is the only thing that can save the world and that person is also you.
Since the title shows that it is the 3rd game in the series its audience is the fans the previous 2 games. While it also tries to capture new fans. The overall audience are the sci-fi community.
This is a apocalyptic futuristic sci-fi game.
The tone of the show is a destructive future.

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the comment on my post. I find it easier to stick with this ridiculous blog stuff if I can have fun with it as opposed to labor through it.

    What a great game, and you write rather well considering your perceived 'left-brained-ness' as you put it. :) Mass Effect is an epic on par with Halo and the Call of Duty series so I'm glad somebody picked something relevant to our generation. Obviously, you wrote a little less than I'm sure Mrs. Spence-nerd would have liked, but the advertisement does a lot of the talking for you (if your reader has some inkling as to what a video game is!). Before she grades Assignment #5, I'd just break out your writing similar to how she has it on her blog with 'Purpose: Audience:' so forth. Makes it easier to decipher the content. Nice work though and good topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How specifically does the ad try to appeal to its audience? Also, you say that the man in the ad is supposed to be the player; how does the ad try to encourage that identification?

    Also, Herb, I am not a Mrs.

    ReplyDelete