Saturday, September 10, 2011

Essay 1 preview

     My writing has never a strong point for me. I am more left brained than right making me excel at all other subjects other than creative writing. I understand the need for writing in our advancing society so I press on through my slight disadvantage. I will never strive for a career as a writer, but I won't let this stagger any of my writing progresses. This makes writing a more personal challenge for me than most.
     At an early age I found writing easy. I would always ace my essays between the grades of 6 and 8. I knew who the audience and subject dictated that I should write to get an "A". The essays were always persuasive or summaries of books. This made writing structured and easy to write, but never promoted a creative writing passion.
     Once I hit high school I had lost what little desire I had to write anything. I pushed aside any writing assignment, and this made my poor writing skills decrease over time. This continued until I decided to apply for college. This was when I realized how far my writing had fallen. I had to take a developmental writing course in my first semester. By the end of the semester I had acquired some confidence in my writing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment